March 15, 2007, in Helmand province, AfghanistanAgha, a driver, was kidnapped on March 5 by Taliban in Helmand province. He was seized along with La Republicca reporter Daniele Mastrogiacomo and freelance journalist Ajmal Naqshbandi.
According to Mastrogiacomo, Agha was beheaded several days after the group was grabbed. The Taliban accused him of being a spy. Mastrogiacomo was released on March 19; Naqshbandi was beheaded by his captors on April 8.
Media Support Worker: In 2003, CPJ began documenting the deaths of vital media employees such as translators, drivers, fixers, and administrative workers.
- As fighting surges, so does danger to press, February 16, 2010
- Five missing, apparently kidnapped in Afghanistan, January 4, 2010
- Journalist and translator freed in Afghanistan , November 12, 2009
- Afghan journalists call for justice in Munadi's death, September 14, 2009
- An Afghan fixer struggles in exile in Sweden, June 18, 2009