Reports to: Deputy Executive Director
Location: New York, USA
Salary: Competitive salary based on experience
Start date: Immediate
The Digital Manager leads a team drawn from across the organization that implements digital strategies in order to advance CPJ's advocacy, development and organizational goals and increase its reach and profile in key constituencies. The Digital Manager is supported by an outside consultant that provides a range of strategic and operational guidance.
- Working with the external consultant and CPJ's department heads, lead the designing and shaping of CPJ's digital strategy, defining goals and choosing evaluation metrics.
- Identify the necessary technological tools to execute CPJ's digital strategy and ensure that staff is properly trained in their use.
- Track CPJ's website traffic and social media performance according to chosen metrics.
- The Digital Manager is the primary voice of CPJ on social media and leads CPJ on social media platforms, developing standards and best practices, and delegating across the Digital Team responsibility for specific platforms.
- Ensure that individual campaigns, initiatives, and reports have a robust digital component.
- Work with the Editorial Department to promote all editorial content including data, daily news, special reports, video, and audio.
- Work with the Advocacy Department to promote outreach and support advocacy goals.
- Leverage content and social media presence in support of fundraising activities.
- Coordinate with Advocacy on the integration of contacts database, email blasting, and newsletters with support from the appropriate departments and the outside consulting firm.
- Develop and manage interdepartmental budget and timeline required for the execution of the digital strategy.
- Continuously innovate to ensure that CPJ is utilizing the best and most appropriate digital tools available.
- Evolve and adapt as required to meet the organization's goals.
- Experience managing websites and using CMS platforms.
- Experience with Google Analytics and data management systems.
- Knowledge of email marketing and platforms.
- Robust knowledge of how to use social media in several capacities, most importantly: news dissemination, advocacy campaigning, and audience building.
- An understanding of how to build and maintain a social media audience and following on a variety of platforms.
- Strong technical literacy. Must have an ability to asses and onboard staff on different platforms (from contact management systems to website content management tools).
- A basic understanding of digital security methods and trends.
- Collaborative spirit and an ability to balance competing demands of a variety of departments and programs.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of the way digital news is distributed.
- Experience working on complex/divided budgets.
- Experience or demonstrable interest in international affairs.
- A passion for press freedom.
- Experience in and passion for journalism.
How to Apply:
Please submit a brief cover letter and resume to [email protected], with "Digital Manager" in the subject line. Due to volume, we cannot reply to individual inquiries on the status of applications. If you are selected as a candidate, CPJ will contact you directly to arrange an interview. No phone calls please.
CPJ is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applications accepted until position is filled